Invisalign Clear Braces
At Artistic Smiles, our number one goal is to help you achieve your healthiest, most attractive smile. When you’re living with crooked teeth or a misaligned bite, both your oral health and quality of life can suffer. You might avoid certain foods, have trouble keeping your teeth clean, or even avoid smiling.
That’s why we offer Invisalign, an innovative orthodontic treatment system that repositions your teeth using a series of clear plastic aligner trays rather than brackets and wires. With Invisalign, you don’t have to sacrifice your appearance and comfort for a straighter, healthier smile.
How Invisalign Works
Wearing uncomfortable, distracting metal braces for years doesn’t fit with most people’s busy professional and social lives. With Invisalign, you can fix your teeth and improve your oral health all without impacting your lifestyle:
- Invisalign applies constant, gentle pressure to your teeth with clear plastic aligners that resemble retainers.
- You wear the trays for about 22 hours per day, removing them only to eat, brush, and floss.
- Once every two weeks, you begin wearing the next tray in your set, which repositions your teeth a little differently than the previous one.
When you come in for an Invisalign consultation at our Nassau Bay dental office, Dr. Angela Gonzalez will thoroughly examine your teeth and oral health and discuss a treatment plan with you. We’ll capture precise 3-D images of your teeth using our iTero Element scanner and map your individualized Invisalign plan.
Health Benefits of Invisalign
Invisible braces are the perfect choice for people whose teeth shifted after previous orthodontic treatment or for anyone who wants straighter, healthier teeth.
With a shorter treatment time, discreet appearance, and removable trays, Invisalign treatment meets the needs of adults and older teens. Invisalign also promotes and improves your oral health with these benefits:
- You can continue to clean your teeth thoroughly since you remove the trays to brush and floss.
- Fixing crooked and overlapped teeth helps prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- When your bite is properly aligned, your teeth endure less wear and can help resolve TMJ issues.
- Invisalign’s smooth, plastic surface won’t irritate your gums.
Types of Problems Invisalign Can Fix
Having a healthy, standout smile is more accessible than ever. Invisalign can fix most any problem that traditional braces can fix, including:
- Overcrowded teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Bite issues, such as overbite, underbite, crossbite, and open bite
- Misaligned or overlapped teeth
Invisalign can also be part of a two-phase treatment that includes traditional braces if you have a severely misaligned bite.
Because results with Invisalign depend on wearing the trays consistently and changing them every two weeks, Invisalign works best for adults and older teens who can commit to a regular schedule.
Contact Our Dental Office to Learn More
To find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, visit our Nassau Bay dental office for a complimentary Invisalign consultation. Our experienced, friendly dental team loves answering your questions and getting to know each patient individually. Call us today at (281) 316-8900 to schedule your orthodontic appointment!